As a mother and a photographer, I have been fortunate to find myself in the company of other moms and photographers who speak my language. I have found a community of women who feel deeply for their children, and strive to hold on to every moment with their cameras. We are from all corners of the world, but we all feel the same. It is with some of these very women that I have taken on a personal project: Letters to Our Daughters. At the end of each letter, you will find a link to the next mother/photographer in our circle. So grab a cup of coffee, snuggle up, and enjoy our Letters to Our Daughters.
"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life." ~ Omar Khayyam
My Grace,
Life...it speeds by in the blink of an eye. Especially these days. As the weather turns warmer and the school year winds down, it becomes more and more challenging to live in the moment rather than wishing away the days. The promise of lazy days, picnics in the park, and splashing in the pool are occupying our thoughts and dreams. It is easy to wish away the time, always focusing on the fun to come. But the reality is that there is something to celebrate in every single day...sometimes you have to look harder than others, but I promise you it is there.
These days, life is a whirlwind. You are busy with school, Bible school, soccer practice, and trips to the park. I hit the ground running every morning. And your dad...well, he works harder than anyone I know. We are just plain busy, and there are often many things left undone at the end of the day. But one thing I can say for sure is that we always take the time to celebrate our moments together. Be it playing games together in the evening, dance parties in the living room, or even bedtime stories and daily recaps at the end of the day, we always find and savor those moments. They infuse all of us with joy, and they have become the foundation of our family.
I picture you reading this letter as an adult...hurrying from one thing to another while your own children are screaming in the background. Do you rush through your days, focusing on your growing to-do list? Or have you learned to pause and notice the way the sky lights up at sunrise, the way the clouds make shapes in the sky, and the way the giggle of a child can melt your stress away? Do you savor the time we are given to snuggle on the sofa and read a story? My wish for you, above all else, is that you take time every day to treasure the small moments and to find the beauty in everything.
All my love.
Next in the circle is Brenda of Lilly Lane Photography.

So beautiful, Jessica!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful, your daughter will cherish these words as she gets older.
ReplyDelete