7.15.2014
Letters to Our Children: July 2014
Grace,
I can't believe how fast this summer is speeding by. The fact that it is now mid-July simultaneously makes me want to cry and inspires me to make the most of the long summer days we have ahead. Big changes are coming to our lives...to your life, this fall and I find myself trying to savor each passing moment like never before.
We just returned from our annual trip to Fenwick Island with our extended family. We have been doing this trip, and staying in the same house, since before you were born. I'll never forget you, at 18 months of age, running around to various family members hugging their legs while saying, "family!". Even at that age, you understood the importance of this annual tradition.
This year was filled with all the makings of another wonderful trip: collecting shells, nightly ice cream, puzzles, heated UNO games... My heart is full, and I know your heart is as well.
Here's to family traditions, and time spent focusing on each other. May this tradition continue for many many more years!
All my love.
As a mother and a photographer, I have been fortunate to find myself in the company of other moms and photographers who speak my language. I have found a community of women who feel deeply for their children, and strive to hold on to every moment with their cameras. We are from all corners of the world, but we all feel the same love. It is with some of these very women that I have taken on a personal project: Letters to Our Children. Please continue to Lori's blog to read her beautiful letter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment