Pages

5.15.2014

Letters to Our Children: May 2014




Grace,

I am not often at a loss for words. Tonight, however, I am having difficulty finding the words to express what I am feeling. We are registering you for Kindergarten this week, and I can't help but be torn between the baby I have raised and the beautiful young lady you are in the process of becoming. I want you to know I am so proud of you, everyday of your life. With each passing stage, you need me less and less. While that breaks my heart, I trust that you know you will always find me with open arms.

All my love.

As a mother and a photographer, I have been fortunate to find myself in the company of other moms and photographers who speak my language. I have found a community of women who feel deeply for their children, and strive to hold on to every moment with their cameras. We are from all corners of the world, but we all feel the same love. It is with some of these very women that I have taken on a personal project: Letters to Our Children.  Please continue to Lori's blog to read her beautiful letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment