Pages

10.04.2013

Letters to Our Children: October 2013




Grace,

How I love watching you explore the world of art!  Since you were a baby, you have always been drawn to art in a way that I believe is special and unique. I remember finger painting with you when you were in your highchair, probably not much more than 9 months old. I remember introducing you to PlayDoh for the first time...how you could have sat and sculpted for hours. 

As you get older, I love watching your creative mind continue to flourish. Be it photography, painting, coloring, or making collages, you have an eye for beauty in the world and successfully create it.  For all of the risk-taking you shy away from in other areas, you are always ready to dive into art and enjoy the process without worrying about your destination. 

My wish for you is that you never lose this connection with art. It can be your outlet, your means of self-expression, and your way of processing the world around you. May you always be as passionate and fearless in your art as you are today.

All my love.

As a mother and a photographer, I have been fortunate to find myself in the company of other moms and photographers who speak my language. I have found a community of women who feel deeply for their children, and strive to hold on to every moment with their cameras. We are from all corners of the world, but we all feel the same love. It is with some of these very women that I have taken on a personal project: Letters to Our Children.  Please continue to Elaina's blog to read her beautiful letter.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica- this is beautiful. I don't think you have to look far to see where your daughter has gotten her passion and talent for art.

    ReplyDelete